30 Nov Parmesan and Garlic Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Parmesan and Garlic Baked Sweet Potato Fries are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I love fries, I know I am not supposed to but I do. A sweet potato fry makes me feel just a little healthier. Give them a try as a side to your meal tonight, they are yummy and healthy not to mention very tasty.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch sticks
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus more
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add sweet potato fries to a large bowl, along with half of the olive oil, garlic, salt and parmesan cheese. Toss to coat fries.
- Drizzle 1/2 of olive oil (about 1 ½ teaspoons) over a large baking sheet. Place in oven for a few minutes until pan gets hot and oil is shimmering. Remove pan from oven and add sweet potatoes fries, making sure to evenly spread them out over the pan so that none are touching.
- Place back in oven and bake for 15 minutes, then flip fries and bake again for another 10-15 minutes or until fries become slightly golden brown and begin to crisp up a bit. Taste fries and add additional salt or parmesan if desired. Enjoy immediately! Serves 4.
Adding a tablespoon of cornstarch to the fries before baking can help crisp up them up even more.
Don’t place the sweet potatoes too close or they will not brown properly nor become crispy. It’s better to use two baking sheets if you have too many fries.